Friday, May 24, 2019

Don't love me like a rose

She Said:
           You don't love me like a rose
           You don't warm my petals with your touch
           And blaze my thorns with your piercing gaze

          Why won't you love me?
           Like a sweet wild rose?
           Thorned and all, but still precious

           It's a love that won't hurt
           Like a rose rooted in thorns
           Won't harm but clothe in a sweet aroma

           Why, why, why?
           Why won't you love me like a rose?
           Why won't you be gentle with my thorns?
           Even when they prick?

I Said:
          I know why a caged bird sings
          Its melancholy is not without merit
          It longs for the day it can spread its wings
          And feel the air rush through seamlessly
          What then of a breath of fresh air?
          Of the sun that rises?
         Will she not cry for it?
         For the steel bars are not a brass band
         They don't sing along to her melody
         She is a rose plucked out of her stem
         Her melody is written in pain
         She says don't love me like a rose
         Live me in the wild
         Let me fly
         Let me live

0 comments:

Post a Comment