Thursday, March 23, 2017

War

Landlessness
 Poverty
Diseases
Dispossesion
What more?

 Does it help if we kneel?
Or speak in tongues in our prayers?
Or is there a black god listening?
Or are they all white?
Should we break down to tears?
Do tears wash away our landlessness?
Does it make angels of our scars?
Should we be marching in protest?
Should we bear arms?
Is it time for a war?
When blood flows
Does it return our land?
Does it take decades of poverty away?
Through blood this land was lost
What will it take to get it back?
Or are we just boys holding on to hope?
I want to go home
I want to go to my own land
I want to walk away
 From this bleak blackness
Landlessness
Poverty
Diseases
Dispossesion
What more can i take?

Take me home to my people
Their pain is mine
 Their Shacks are mine
Their Unemployment is mine
Their AIDS is mine
Their Death is mine
Their Blackness is mine
Are these not their gods?
Who never fail to show up unsummoned
My people, my people
Your gods answers without fail
Who gave you these gods?

How did you survive millions of years
 Far from this madness?
From the whickedness i see?
From Landlessness
From Poverty
From Diseases
From Dispossesion
Go home
Tell them you are home
Tell them the nightmare is over
Toitoing did not help
Talking didn’t help
Rainbow nation was a farce, its over
Tell them you will talk no more
You are home to your land
 Its a war.

0 comments:

Post a Comment