Thursday, April 2, 2009

Street Emperor

I wandered around in a mystic spree
Sow seeds whose fruits I can't bear
My soul torn between the skin and the spirit
Walked on men, I cared not to listen to
Made some women frown at my shadow
But that’s when I roam the streets of delusion
Thinking I was the emperor at the helm
Until that dream bust into dusty winds
That’s when crusts fell off my blinded eyes
Empires melt with a blink of an eye
My very own soul couldn't bear
When my streets collapsed like candle wax
And was left standing naked in the dark
Like nothing I ever knew
Since I was born in a lofty toy mansion
But then the rush came to an end
Nothing but my dreams left
And will always wish, after all
That the streets never died
And now I’d still be, a man
Out on the streets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment